2 1/2 cups plain flour
1/3 cup icing sugar
2 tbs water
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tbs caster sugar
3 X 410g cans unsweetened pie apple
1/4 cup caster sugar
1) Sift flour and icing sugar together. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add enough water to form a soft dough.
2) Wrap in greaseproof paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3) Preheat oven to 220C.
4) Roll out 2/3 of pastry on a lightly floured surface to line a 22cm pie plate.
5) Spoon filling into pastry case.
6) Roll out remaining pastry, brush edge of pie with egg white, cover with pastry. Press edges of pastry together; trim.
7) Cut a few slits in top of pasrty; brush with remaining egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar.
8) Bake for 25 minutes at 220C. Serve hot with cream or ice-cream.