3 cups cooked meatball or chicken ball
5-6 tablespoons chili paste (soaked dried chillies in boiled water for 5 min, drain and blend mix with water)
2 onions, pounded
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon shrimp paste (belacan)
2 tablespoons tamarind juice
1 big onions, sliced
1/2 cup oil
2/3-1 cup water
2-4 tablespoons sugar
1) Heat oil and saute onions and garlic for 1 minute
2) Add chilli paste and belacan and fry till fragrant, about 5 minute.
3) Mix tamarind juice and water into chilli mixture and cook under medium flame for another 15 min or till sauce thick.
4) Add more water if necessary.
5) Add sliced onion, meatball, salt and sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.